Small Business Lending
Small Business Lending
Investing In Berwyn
About Berwyn's Commercial Loan Programs
In conjunction with the City of Berwyn, the BDC administers a Commercial Loan Program as part of a concentrated effort to benefit the community of Berwyn by stimulating business growth and improving the City’s commercial areas. The program is capitalized by monies committed by the City and lines of credit extended by our participating lending institutions. The program offers traditional commercial loans for funds greater than $10,001 and microloans for requests of $10,000 or less.
The BDC also administers the Berwyn EDA Revolving Loan Fund. This $2.5 million fund can be lent in amounts up to $625,000 for eligible borrowers.
Lending Programs at a Glance
- Commercial Loans, Microloans, and EDA Revolving Loans are available for almost any business related expense, including façade improvements, build-outs, equipment and working capital.
- Used as an alternative funding source for those unable to receive needed capital from a traditional bank.
- Works like a standard bank loan.
- Available to start-ups and established business operating or locating within Berwyn.
Please contact Kendra Shaw at 708-749-6587 (hablo español) if you are interested in exploring a loan with the BDC.
Review Guidelines & Get Started On Your Application
BDC Commercial Loan and Microloan Program Manual effective 10.9.2018
Download Commercial Loan Application English | Spanish
Download Microloan Application English | Spanish
Berwyn EDA Revolving Loan Fund
- Must have a rejection letter from a bank
- Must agree to create or retain 1 job per every $30,000 borrowed
Download Berwyn EDA Revolving Loan Fund Application: English
Download Berwyn EDA Revolving Loan Fund Evidence of Need Form: English
Download Berwyn EDA Revolving Loan Fund Job Creation Form: English
Illinois DCEO Advantage Illinois Partnership
The BDC is one of only a handful of institutions throughout Illinois that is recognized as an Approved Lender through the DCEO Advantage Illinois Participation Loan Program. This program allows the BDC to submit eligible loans to DCEO for approval of additional funding. The partnership allows the BDC to reduce risk, lower borrower interest rates, and possibly reduce the borrower's equity requirement.
DCEO Advantage Illinois Partnership Flyer: English