Join Berwyn's Talent Network
Join Berwyn's Talent Network
The HIT technician is responsible for preloading, post-loading, data integrity and assisting in the everyday management of the electronic health record system, all HIT systems, and end user support under the guidance of the HIT Supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter historical clinical information from paper medical record into an electronic medical record system required by preloading/post loading procedures.
- Run basic reports on weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis as directed by HIT Supervisor.
- Troubleshoot basic EMR issues with clinical staff and ancillary staff to maintain basic EMR function in the clinic
- Forward complex EMR or administrative issues brought by clinical staff to the HIT Supervisor and to submit Helpdesk Tickets or consult with Alliance of Chicago Liaison
- Provide feedback to HIT Supervisor regarding recurring EMR, HIT systems, and end user support issues.
- Correct erroneous data by utilizing proper procedures in EMR (e.g., LinkLogic, Medication Module, File in Error, etc.)
- Assist in configuration and troubleshooting of third-party applications, all HIT systems, and IT related 3rd applications and software
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking assistance of EMR, HIT, and IT platforms over the phone or email
- Performing remote and on-site troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques for remote and on-site end users.
- Utilize ticketing system to record events, problems, and follow up with status update and resolution per organization SLA. Maintain help desk hot line.
- Conduct inventory of IT related supplies, equipment, etc. as needed
- Creation and termination of new staff member accounts for the EMR and organization network access, and general training and acclimation to all applications
- Attend staff meetings as required and participate in departmental policy and procedure review.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position requires compliance with all of Alivio’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct, Joint Commission standards, all policies and procedures and Corporate Compliance requirements. Compliance will be considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
· Executive Management Team
· Clinical Team
· Health Information Technology Supervisor
OSHA Category 3 – Involves no regular exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, and tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues are not a condition of employment.
High School Diploma / GED required. BA/BS or Associate Degree preferred.
Certification or Licensure:
RHIT or RHIA preferred.
Previous data entry experience; active directory management; use of electronic medical records preferred; knowledge of Medical terminology required; knowledge of basic medical coding preferred
Electronic Medial Records
Basic IT Support
Excellent computer skills; superior communication, interpersonal, and listening skills; must be detail oriented, organized, and have strong multitasking ability