Join Berwyn's Talent Network
Join Berwyn's Talent Network
**Candidate must be bilingual - Spanish/English**
Assists in examination and treatment of patients under direction of Providers by performing medical assistance duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients’ growth chart
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients
- Performs basic phlebotomy tasks
- Preps patients for triage evaluation
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment
- Hands instruments and materials to provider as directed
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG), and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic test
- Gives injections or treatments, and performs routine laboratory tests
- Performs assigned daily and monthly duties
- Keys data into computer to maintain office and patient records
- Retrieves Lab data from hospital and other organizations
- Communicates effectively with patients via phone or other electronic means. Regarding their health care
- Facilities any continuum of care specialists
- Participates in morning huddles and pre visit chart prep
- Obtains any consultation notes from outside specialists and submits them to medical records for filing/scanning
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
This position requires compliance with all of Alivio’s written standards, including its Standards of Conduct, Joint Commission standards, all policies and procedures and Corporate Compliance requirements. Compliance will be considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
Manages and supervises staff listed below, including hiring, training, evaluating and managing performance to meet departmental efficiency and performance measures in keeping with the Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), Personnel Policies and Procedures and prevailing employment laws as appropriate
- Lead Medical Assistant
- Medical provider staff
- Medical records and patient service staff
- Nursing Staff
OSHA Category 1 – Involves exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
Technical and medical office training from accredited program, equivalent to two years of college
Certification or Licensure:
Six months of experience as a medical assistant in an outpatient setting preferred
Calculate BMI & medication dosages
Bilingual Spanish/English. Excellent written and verbal skills. Bicultural. Customer service and interpersonal communication skills needed. Organizational skills ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.