Barista at the Friendly Coffee Lounge
Part time | 10-15 hours per week | morning/early afternoons
We are currently looking for a Barista with some basic coffee knowledge and customer service experience. This is a part time position with room to grow, about 10-15 hours per week with both weekday/weekend shifts available, with the opportunity to add additional hours in the future. This would be a great opportunity for a stay at home parent, student, musician, or anyone with mornings/early afternoons available. Must be 21.
Application available at 6731 Roosevelt Rd. (708.484.9794)
Who we are: A growing, lively, local musical community comprised of three distinct parts; a bar with a rich history, a coffee shop providing locally sourced, specialty coffees, teas and treats; and a music school offering a variety of classes, lessons and events daily.
Who you are: An outgoing and friendly person ready to roll up your sleeves, bring new ideas and join a great team working towards making the Friendly Music Community the neighborhood spot to be morning, noon, and night. Must be 21.
* A gracious, friendly, patient and helpful attitude towards guests
* Exceptional customer service skills
* Ability to evaluate current working environments to see tasks at hand, have a high attention to details
* Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask and work independently or in teams
* Working knowledge of food and beverage laws and regulations
* Experience making coffee and espresso drinks
* Be aware of current trends in food/drinks
*Bring in ideas, be creative and ready to think outside the box in regards to product development and social media
* Make drinks in a quick and efficient manner while providing enthusiastic, positive, and helpful customer service including, but not limited to: developing rapport with regulars, welcoming guests with a pleasant demeanor and promptly responding to guests' needs.
* Keep equipment clean and in running order
* Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization throughout the shop and working environment
* Adhere to opening/closing responsibilities
* Perform physical requirements of position – must be able to lift 50 pounds, stand for 8 hours.