Join Berwyn's Talent Network
Join Berwyn's Talent Network
Under the direction of the Chief Operations Officer or designee, the Practice Manager plan, directs, organizes, controls and evaluates the operations of the assigned clinic site(s). Carries out responsibilities in accordance with organization’s polices and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and holding employees accountable; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Budget – create, oversee, and adhere to site budget
- Direct oversight of the day-to-day site clinic operations
- Recruits, hires, and supervises assigned clerical/clinical personnel in conjunction with Site Director, overseeing/promoting the highest level of customer service provided to patients and clients.
- Participates in the development and implementation efficient processes for collection of demographic and insurance information for patients. Leads the team in educating patients about benefits they may be eligible for and assisting patients with those application procedures.
- Provides front desk functions of greeting clients, check in and registration functions along with the support staff team, as needed.
- Evaluates performance frequently and recommends increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions for those staff assigned. Assures that performance evaluations of staff are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide the highest level of service to internal customers at the site including nursing and medical providers.
- Serves as liaison for medical providers and gathers feedback on how to improve operational efficiencies.
- Ensures smooth operations and minimizes wait times, improves cycle time / patient waiting time.
- Conducts office staff meetings with appropriate staff members at sufficient frequency as to maintain optimal communication regarding sites issues, staff concerns, and operation policies.
- Acts as client advocate to resolve client complaints regarding office functions and services provided. Ensures that patient complaints are investigated and completed in accordance with policy. Reports incidents needing a higher level of attention to the appropriate department head.
- Assists team in resolution of day-to-day operational challenges and seeks feedback from the team on operations for the site. Makes site/local decisions impacting workflow.
- Reviews and approves support staff schedules to optimize operational efficiency at the site(s). In consultation with clinical directors, manages provider schedules to ensure adequate clinical coverage.
- Responsible for managing provider and resource appointment books, including opening and closing of schedule templates, in accordance with organization policy.
- Oversees maintenance of clinic site(s) and equipment providing recommendations for maintenance over time.
- Works with Revenue Cycle personnel to develop training programs to ensure data entry standardization, accuracy and integrity as well as adherence to collections policies and procedures.
- Mentors staff to develop skills necessary to improve their abilities.
- Responsible for monitoring and auditing practices for sliding fee schedule and patient demographics to assure accuracy of data collection.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Coordinates space utilization with Site Medical Director and Facilities Manager.
- Monitors and adjusts patient flow patterns in consultation with Site Medical Director.
- Implements policies and procedures appropriate to practice operations. Recommends changes to existing or new policies.
- Maintains an environment of care in accordance with regulatory and licensing standards, including Joint Commission, PCMH, and HRSA.
- Participates in maintaining an ongoing quality measurement program consistent with principles of continuous quality improvement and quality assurance.
- Communicates regularly with immediate supervisor and Site Medical Director on the status of operations.
- In consultation with the Site Medical Director and supervisor, develops and coordinates staffing plan based on patient volume and clinic needs
- Engages with leadership Team as appropriate (Human Resources, IT, Revenue Cycle, Finance, Marketing, Facilities, etc.) in management of site.
- Collaborates closely with clinical leadership in the operational management of clinical staff.
- Assesses need for additional resources; provides resources when appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with established organizational policies, including, but not limited to: clinical, safety, financial, personnel.
- Participates in quarterly walkthrough for designated site.
- Performs other duties as needed.
OSHA Category 3 – Involves no regular exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, and tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues are not a condition of employment.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, or other health related field, Master’s preferred.
At least 3 years of management experience in health care which includes both supervisory and financial responsibilities, specifically in a Primary Care setting.
Must be bilingual – English/Spanish/Chinese
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Leadership skills, interpersonal skills, decisiveness, problem-solving skills, the ability to delegate effectively, time management skills. Relationship building and managing. Proficient skills in the use of computer software, including but not limited to EHR and MS Office.